Our stance on social justice
TruStage™ was founded on the principle of people helping people and is guided by a purpose to help people achieve financial security. We recognize and acknowledge that our nation’s history holds centuries of oppression and systemic racism that continue today. This must change. We understand that the work we’ve been doing to address racial injustice and social inequities requires further effort — and we need to do more.
For more on Diversity, equity & inclusion
Corporate social responsibility
Environmental social governance
Because Black Lives Matter, we join the Black community in the fight for social, economic, legal and policy reform to address these injustices. We commit to continuing to listen, learn and advocate for meeting the needs of the Black community — and to help create an equitable financial system.
It is equally important to recognize and acknowledge that prejudice, racism, sexism and other forms of oppression negatively and systemically impact other marginalized populations as well — including people with disabilities, Indigenous, Hispanic, Latino/a/x, Asian and LGBTQ+ communities. We know each has been oppressed in different ways and we are equally committed to standing with everyone in the fight for racial and social justice and enabling an equitable pathway to financial stability and success.
We pledge to be part of the solution to help improve the lives of those we serve and create a better society for everyone’s benefit.
What we believe
- We believe that a brighter financial future should be accessible to everyone
Therefore, we join in the movement for equitable rights for all people with disabilities, Black, Indigenous and people of color (BIPOC), members of our LGBTQ+ and neurodivergent communities. We know that in doing so, everyone will benefit.
- We believe that systemic oppression has kept women, BIPOC, LGBTQ+ and people with disabilities from the opportunities to make financial decisions that work for them
Therefore, we will work to break down and break through the underlying bias and structural barriers in the financial services industry. We will do this through:
• The design of our products and services
• Servicing to our customers
• Our Foundation support and community engagement
• How we build an equitable company culture
• Our advocacy on policy reform
- We believe policy reform is necessary to address and overcome systemic racism and oppression Therefore, we will look for opportunities to drive policy reform and change through our lobbying and our advocacy efforts in support of a just and equitable financial system.
- We believe a diverse workforce is necessary if we are to build a strong and equitable culture, stay competitive and deliver on our purpose
Therefore, we commit to attracting and retaining diverse talent and building a workforce that is reflective of our population and the customers we serve — and inclusive of those experiences and ideas.
We will continue to listen and learn about the history and ongoing effects of institutional racism, economic, health, social and political inequalities and consider how each of us can create and influence change.
- We believe we have the power to create positive change in our communities
Therefore, we commit to invest thoughtfully and meaningfully in our communities annually. We will continue to partner with non-profit, government and other organizations, as well as educational institutions, to improve the lives of marginalized people in our communities; and we will donate our time and financial support to community organizations working to center equity, advance racial and social justice and provide access to financial security.
- We believe that change must start within — with our people, products and services
Therefore, we will continue to invest in diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) education to help combat bias, encourage learning and foster open, honest conversations that help lead to transformational change and a sense of belonging for everyone in our workforce.
We will continue to listen to the voices of all within our organization to ensure more equitable and inclusive opportunities for development and success.
We will call on our leadership to hold themselves and their teams accountable to a higher degree around DEI benchmarks and expectations.
We will continue to invest in research and broaden our understanding of the needs of our target customers. We will continue to use insights from our research in addition to the voices of our workforce and consumers to help us build, buy or partner with others to bring product and service solutions to market that help people make financial decisions that work for them.
We commit to continuing our work toward a financial system that is inclusive, just and accessible to everyone.