Credit Union and Economic Reports
Credit Union Trends Report
The Credit Union Trends Report is a monthly "pulse check" on the state of the credit union marketplace, often placed in a historical context. The report includes data from two months prior and is published and distributed by Steven Rick from TruStage™.
- Credit union new-auto loan balances rose only 0.2% in August, below the 2.3% pace set in August 2022.
- Home prices rose 0.6% in July, according to the S&P Core Logic Home Price Index and rose 1% year-over-year despite the worst housing affordability in almost 40 years.
- During the first eight months of the year, credit union deposits rose only $12.4 billion, down from the $60 billion increase reported during the first eight months of 2022.
View Trends Report Executive Summary
The U.S. money supply has dropped over $1 trillion since April 2022, the first decline in 75 years.View Trends Report
Credit union credit card lending is growing at the fastest pace on record as banks tighten their lending standards.View Trends Report
- The U.S. economy grew 4.9% during the third quarter, above the 2% long-run natural growth rate.
- Inflation remained at 3.7% in October, above the Federal Reserve’s target.
- The U.S. money supply dropped 3.6% during the last 12 months.
- The 30-year mortgage interest rates reached 7.8%, the highest since November 2000.
- Home prices are up 2.8% during the last 12 months.
Download the PowerPoint version