Why choose TruStage Whole Life Insurance?
TruStage Life Insurance is underwritten by CMFG Life—a company that's 80 years strong, consistently rated "A" (Excellent) by A.M. Best1 and trusted by millions of families and their credit unions.
When does it pay?
No matter how or when you die, your policy pays income-tax-free money your family can use for final expenses or any reason. TruStage processes most claims in four days or less.2
What's the advantage?
Even a small policy can help provide peace of mind, knowing you have permanent protection for your loved ones, with coverage and a premium locked in for life. It also builds some cash value over time.
Will my policy be cancelled if I get cancer?
No. If you're approved, and as long as your premiums are paid, your policy can't be cancelled by anyone but you—even if you get cancer or another illness. Whole life is permanent protection.
What is TruStage?
Endorsed by credit unions, trusted by more than 17 million families.
TruStage offers life insurance, an auto and home insurance program and a health insurance program through the TruStage Insurance Agency.
With a commitment to dependability and service-first philosophy, we’ve earned the confidence of thousands of credit unions and more than 17 million families.Learn more about TruStage and how we help protect what matters most.
- Why should I consider buying life insurance?
- Life insurance means you're preparing your loved ones for the unexpected-a thoughtful and appreciated gesture.
- It's designed to help safeguard growing financial commitments like day-to-day expenses, a mortgage, debt payments, and even aspirational promises like college costs for your kids.
- It can help your family cover financial expenses.
- It can provide a way to leave money to charity.
- Whole life policies build some cash value you can borrow against in the future. Any outstanding loan balance is subtracted from the payment your beneficiary receives.
- What are the main differences between term and whole life insurance?
- Term life insurance
- can provide affordable, high-coverage protection for a specific period of time (or term).
- pays a benefit if you die during the term.
- could have benefits and premiums that change over time, depending on the specific policy.
Whole life insurance
- offers coverage you can never outlive.
- has premiums that remain the same throughout your lifetime.
- can provide a future source of money prior to your death, building cash value over time.
- allows for loans (which incur interest) against the value, with unpaid amounts decreasing the death benefit.
Compare whole and term life rates
- Start with what you want to pay.
- Use a simple two-step tool to see the options.
- How much life insurance do I need?
As a starting point, you may consider spending 1% of your annual pre-tax pay on life insurance. This rule of thumb can not only help make coverage an affordable reality, it can also mean the difference between some breathing room for your family and an immediate financial hardship.
Of course, everyone's needs are different so you may need more or less insurance for your situation. A TruStage Representative can help you determine an amount that makes sense for you.
- Is a medical exam required?
To help ensure we can offer you our best possible rates, more medical information is required as your coverage amount increases. For lower amounts, it could be as easy as a few simple questions.
Regardless, in most cases, no physical exams or medical tests are required. In rare cases, a paramedical exam is required to verify information received during underwriting.
Reasons to Consider Whole Life
Permanent protection, no matter how or when you die.