Important information for the applicant:
Coverage You Can Count On
TruStage Term Life Insurance to Age 80 is life insurance is built to last—all the way until age 80. And it’s easy to apply, so you can make a good choice today that could provide for your family’s needs.
How These Rates Work
Initial premium rate is based on age and gender, and increases every five years as the policyholder reaches each new age band (25, 30, 35, 40, 45, 50, 55, 60, 65, 70, and 75). Premiums are guaranteed by CMFG Life Insurance Company.
Because we know how important it is for both spouses to have adequate protection, this coverage is available to your eligible spouse, too. Even if you don’t apply, your eligible spouse can. The definition of spouse includes a legal partner as defined by state law.
30-Day Satisfaction Guarantee
When you receive your Policy, read it over carefully. Show it to your family, friends or a personal advisor. If you are not completely satisfied, simply return your Policy within 30 days. Any premiums paid will be refunded in full, no questions asked. There is no further obligation. Guaranteed.
If death results from suicide during the first two years of coverage (one year in ND), benefits are limited to a return of premiums paid without interest.
For residents of Georgia:
CMFG Life Insurance Company • P.O. Box 61 • Waverly IA 50677-0061 • Phone: 1-800-779-5433
REPLACING YOUR LIFE INSURANCE POLICY?
Are you thinking about buying a new policy and discontinuing or changing an existing policy? If you are, your decision could be a good one — or a mistake. You will not know for sure unless you make a careful comparison of your existing policy and the proposed policy. Make sure you understand the facts. Below you will find a check list of some of the items you should consider in making your decision. TAKE TIME TO READ IT.
Do not let one agent or insurer prevent you from obtaining information from another agent or insurer which may be to your advantage.
Hear both sides before you decide. This way you can be sure you are making a decision that is in your best interest.
We are required to notify your existing company that you may be replacing their policy.
ITEMS TO CONSIDER
- If the policy coverages are basically similar, premiums for a new policy may be higher because rates increase as your age increases.
- Cash values and dividends, if any, may grow slower under a new policy initially because of the initial costs of issuing a policy.
- Your present insurance company may be able to make a change on terms which may be more favorable than if you replace existing insurance with new insurance.
- If you borrow against an existing policy to pay premiums on a new policy, death benefits payable under your existing policy will be reduced by the amount of any unpaid loan, including unpaid interest.
- Current interest rates are not guaranteed. Guaranteed interest rates are usually considerably lower than current rates. What rates are guaranteed?
- Are premiums guaranteed or subject to change — up or down?
- Participating policies pay dividends that may materially reduce the cost of insurance over the life of the contract. Dividends, however, are not guaranteed.
- CAUTION, you are urged not to take action to terminate, assign, or alter your existing life insurance coverage until after you have been issued the new policy, examined it and have found it to be acceptable to you.
And, REMEMBER, you have thirty (30) days following receipt of any life insurance policy to examine its contents. If you are not satisfied with it for any reason, you have the right to return it to the insurer at its home or branch office or to the agent through whom it was purchased, for a full refund of premium.
For all residents except, D.C., FL: Any person who knowingly presents a false or fraudulent claim for payment of a loss or benefit, or knowingly presents false information in an application for insurance may be guilty of a crime and subject to fines and confinement in prison, and denial of insurance benefits, depending on state law. You may designate a third party to receive notice of your policy cancellation due to nonpayment. To do this, send a written request to the PO Box printed on the application and include the third party’s name and address.
Base Policy Numbers: ICC16-A10a-039, A10a-039-2016, ICC17-SIT-2, 2017-SIT-2