Get your no-cost coverage
What is AD&D Insurance?
Introducing Coverage for Cancer or Cancer, Heart Attack & Stroke.
If you choose an Additional Coverage amount, you can add the Cancer Coverage or Cancer Heart Attack & Stroke Coverage to your AD&D insurance. This coverage pays a benefit to you or your beneficiaries after a covered diagnosis. The money you receive can help pay for out-of-pocket medical expenses, relieving financial stress while you focus on getting well.
Cancer or Cancer, Heart Attack & Stroke Coverage may not be available in your state or provided by your credit union.
Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Guaranteed acceptance - no health questions or medical exams.
- Coverage available at a cost-effective, monthly rate.
- Cash payout is often not subject to income-tax.
- You’re protected whether at home, at work, on vacation or during travel.
Why TruStage® AD&D
- The Increasing Benefit: The longer you keep the coverage, the value of your Additional Coverage automatically increases by up to 5%—up to a total of 50% over 10 years—at no added cost to you.
- Hospital Benefits: If you or your covered spouse or child is hospitalized within one year due to injuries caused by a covered accident, and are confined for more than seven consecutive days, we will pay a hospital benefit from the first day of confinement. The benefit will equal 1% of the Additional Coverage for that person for each full month of confinement, up to $1,000 a month or $12,000 a year.
Accidents are the fourth-leading cause of death In America.1
1 Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Injury Prevention and Control, 2021.
Frequently asked questions
There would not be any benefits paid out under TruStage AD&D due to hospitalization related to an infectious disease. Hospitalization benefits under AD&D are limited to those that are related to a covered accident under the policy.
TruStage AD&D does not cover deaths due to natural causes, including viruses.
Accidental Death & Dismemberment insurance pays a cash benefit if you die in a covered accident. It also pays benefits for covered injuries caused by an accident, including loss of eyesight, hearing, or speech, or the loss of a hand, foot, eye, thumb or index finger. You can use this money to cover any expenses you have while you focus on recovery.
AD&D is not life insurance, but it can be a good complement to life insurance by adding coverage for specific injuries from accidents. You can choose coverage amounts between $10,000 and $300,000.
Yes! If you opt to pay the monthly premium for an Additional Coverage amount, you can also cover your spouse and dependent children at a slightly higher cost when you add the Family Plan.
The Family Plan can cover your spouse at 50% of the coverage level you choose. Dependent children will be covered for 20%. If you have no dependent children, your spouse will be covered for 60%. If you do not have a spouse, each of your dependent children will be insured for 25% of the coverage level you choose. Some features may vary by state.
Your no-cost AD&D insurance lasts as long as you remain a member of a participating credit union or until you decide to terminate it.
Your Additional Coverage lasts as long as you pay your premiums.
Purchasing Additional Coverage includes the Increasing Benefit, which means the value of the Additional Coverage could increase each year by 5 percent for up to a total of 50 percent over 10 years, at no added cost to you. For example, a $100,000 Additional Coverage amount could be $150,000 after 10 years of being active.
From age 18 to 69, your coverage can’t decrease for any reason. At age 70, however, the full amount of coverage you have will decrease by 50 percent. Some features may vary by state.