How to buy life insurance
- Whether you have big responsibilities right now or simply want to prepare for what happens after you’re gone, life insurance is an important part of helping secure your family’s financial future. But people may put off buying life insurance because they worry that it’s too expensive, or that applying for life insurance is just too hard and will take too long. The good news is, there are life insurance options that are designed to fit almost any budget, and today, there are more ways than ever to buy a life insurance policy. Here are a few ways to stop procrastinating and finally help give yourself some peace of mind that can come with knowing your family is protected with life insurance.
Buy a policy online
- Shopping for life insurance online can make it easy to see pricing for different types of policies based on the features that are most important to you and also to find options based on how much you want to pay. It can be a great option for people who like to do their own research and like the flexibility and convenience of transacting their business over the internet.
- For example, at TruStage.com, you can start with what you want to pay and then choose the coverage amount that fits your budget. You can also explore different types of insurance—like term life, whole life, and guaranteed acceptance life insurance—and compare their features and costs, so you can choose the right option based on your family’s needs and what you can afford.
- Then, when you apply online, you can even get an instant decision right on the spot, so you don’t have to wait for days for a phone call, email or letter letting you know if your application has been approved. You can buy online too, so that your policy will be in place quickly—in some cases, as soon as the same day.
Talk to an agent
- If you’re not sure what kind of insurance or how much coverage you need, and if you’re not comfortable make this type of purchase over the internet, you might find it beneficial to explore your options with an agent, either in person or over the phone. Or, if you’ve started the process online and you’re not sure how to answer a question, an agent can help walk you through it. Finally, if you’ve been turned down for a particular type of insurance, talking to an agent could help you find a policy that you qualify for.