Are you a credit union member?
Your credit union membership may qualify you for complimentary no-cost AD&D coverage.
A no-cost TruStage Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) policy from CMFG Life Insurance Company is one of the nice benefits of a credit union membership. Your credit union may provide between $1,000 and $5,000 of no-cost coverage as a member benefit. Additional coverage could be available and can cost about $10 a month for $100,000 in coverage.
- No health questions asked
- Designed to be affordable
- Acceptance is guaranteed
Remember, thousands of credit unions endorse TruStage. We believe in, and support the credit union movement. Just like credit union membership is available to everyone, so is TruStage.
Find out if your credit union is a TruStage credit union and claim your no-cost AD&D coverage.Find Out Now
Why choose TruStage AD&D Insurance?
TruStage AD&D Insurance is underwritten by CMFG Life—a company that's 80 years strong, consistently rated "A" (Excellent) by A.M. Best1 and trusted by millions of families and their credit unions.
When does it pay?
It pays a cash benefit if an accident causes loss of life, or specific permanent injuries. Members part of credit unions endorsed by TruStage ages 18 and over, their spouses and their children are eligible.
What's the advantage?
No health questions are asked and acceptance is guaranteed. With our quick and easy application process, you can enroll in three minutes or less.
What are the unique features?
TruStage Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance can be an affordable supplement to life insurance. It's designed to be affordable with coverage amounts up to $300,000.
What is TruStage?
Insurance endorsed by your credit union, more than million members strong.
TruStage is insurance the credit union way. Our products-life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment insurance and an auto and home insurance program-are made available through the TruStage Insurance Agency.
Today, more than million members rely on us for products, programs, services, expertise and experience. With a commitment to dependability and a members-first philosophy, we strive to help you achieve the Insurance protection you want for your family.
Learn more about TruStage, our history, and how we help protect what matters most.
- What is AD&D insurance?
Accidental death and dismemberment insurance (AD&D) is insurance coverage that pays a cash benefit in the event of an accident that causes death or a serious covered injury.
The National Institutes for Health report that accidents are the leading cause of death for those 44 and under.* That’s why AD&D can be a good supplement to life insurance, enhancing your overall protection and adding coverage for specific serious injuries from accidents.
*Accident statistic from CDC/National Center for Health Statistics, “Deaths: Final Data for 2013, Table 9.”
- Why should I consider AD&D coverage?
If a serious accident occurs, AD&D could help your family in a time of need. It can be an affordable supplement to life insurance and offers these built-in benefits:
- No medical questions and acceptance is guaranteed. If you’re a credit union member over the age of 18, you can’t be turned down.
- An inflation-protection benefit. The AD&D policy you buy has a built-in “cost of living” benefit. Your coverage increases over time at no added cost to you.
- Fast and easy online application. In minutes, you can apply for no-cost coverage or add more coverage—right online. Our FastApply AD&D process is quick and easy. Usually it takes three minutes or less.
- Can I protect my family members too?
- You can choose single or family coverage. Single coverage applies only to you, while family coverage applies to you, your spouse, your dependent children, or children with disabilities.
- With family coverage, your spouse will be insured at 50% of the coverage level you choose. Children (either dependent or with disabilities) will be covered at 20%.
- Family coverage also includes additional benefits for child care and college education.
- How long will my AD&D coverage last?
- Complimentary AD&D coverage remains in effect as long as the policy is not terminated and you remain a member of a participating credit union.
- Additional AD&D coverage remains in effect as long as your premiums are paid.
- Is there a cost-of-living benefit?
Yes. Every two years, on the anniversary of your coverage, additional coverage will be increased 5% at no added cost to you. Over the years, you can get up to a 25% increase maximum.
- What is FastApply AD&D?
FastApply AD&D is an online application process we created to make it fast and easy to do two things:
1. Claim your complimentary AD&D coverage, made available by your credit union.
2. Apply for additional AD&D coverage if you like.
- Have more questions?
- Request a call from a licensed agent to answer all your questions.
AD&D Extra Protection Matters
TruStage AD&D (underwritten by CMFG Life Insurance Company) can be an affordable supplement to life insurance. If a serious accident occurs, AD&D could help your family in its time of need.
Coverage can be affordable. Because it only applies to accidents, it can cost about $10 per month for $100,000 in protection.
Acceptance is guaranteed. There are no health questions or medical exams. If you're a member of a participating credit union and over 18, you cannot be turned down.