ACCIDENTAL DEATH & DISMEMBERMENT INSURANCE:
ENROLLING IS SMART. IT'S ALSO EASY.
Your no-cost AD&D coverage: It's yours. All you have to do is claim it.
Your credit union membership may qualify you for complimentary AD&D coverage. If you have a fatal accident, or one that causes specific, catastrophic harm to you, you and your family could have better protection.
TruStage is the marketing brand for the insurance products issued by and programs made available through the companies of the CUNA Mutual Group, including CMFG Life Insurance Company and CUNA Mutual Insurance Agency, Inc. CMFG Life has worked with America’s credit unions and credit union members like you for more than 75 years. And true to the credit union mission, we believe "financial services" isn’t meant only for a small group of affluent people. We’re committed to empowering credit union members to protect the achievements and aspirations of the people who matter most in their lives.
Over the years, we continue to win the confidence of people who are careful about choosing the companies with whom they entrust their future. And we’ve assembled a team of well-known, trusted companies who share our desire to help you prepare for – and most importantly, enjoy -- all the moments that matter in your life.
We help credit union members like you do more with what they have. Learn how today.
Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, also called "AD&D," is insurance coverage that pays a cash benefit in the event of a covered injury or death due to an accident.
Why should I consider AD&D coverage?
If a serious accident occurs, AD&D could help your family in its time of need. It can be an affordable supplement to any life insurance you may have and features unique built-in benefits:
- Acceptance is guaranteed. No one will ask you health questions or expect you to submit to a medical exam. If you're a credit union member over the age of 18, you can't be turned down.
- Your coverage cannot be canceled as long as your premiums are paid, the group policy is not terminated, and you remain a member of a participating credit union.
- There's a realistic inflation protection benefit. Every two years, on the anniversary of your coverage, additional coverage will be increased 5% at no added cost to you. Over the years, you can get up to a 25% increase maximum.
What types of coverage are available?
You can choose Single coverage or Family Coverage. Single coverage applies only to you. Family Coverage protects you, your spouse and your dependent (or handicapped) children. Your spouse will be insured at 50% of the coverage level you choose. Dependent and handicapped children will be covered for 20%. Family coverage also includes additional benefits for child care and college education, as well as a child savings fund benefit.
What do I need to know about beneficiaries?
- A beneficiary is a person who receives insurance benefits at the time of the insured person's death. You can have more than one beneficiary.
- You can choose anyone to be your beneficiary and it can be more than one person.
- In general, benefits paid to your beneficiary, are not subject to federal income tax.